Potato Omelet, Trini Style
- 2 medium potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs chive
- 3 leaves chadon beni
- 1 sprig fine leaf thyme
- 2 leaves big leaf thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Chop the onion, garlic, big leaf thyme, chadon beni and 2 blades chive. Set aside. Chop the other blade of chive separately.
- Peel and slice the potatoes thinly. Wash with water three times.
- Add the water, black pepper, salt and fine leaf thyme to the eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the potatoes. Stir occasionally. Cook until golden brown.
- Add the chopped seasonings (onions thyme etc.) and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beaten eggs and lower the heat. Let cook until the eggs set. Cut into wedges and serve.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved