Looking for a simple but nourishing breakfast idea, try this potato omelet.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 medium potatoes
- 5 eggs
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 sprigs chive
- 3 leaves chadon beni
- 1 sprig fine leaf thyme
- 2 leaves big leaf thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Chop the onion, garlic, big leaf thyme, chadon beni and 2 blades chive. Set aside. Chop the other blade of chive separately.
- Peel and slice the potatoes thinly. Wash with water three times.
- Add the water, black pepper, salt and fine leaf thyme to the eggs and beat thoroughly.
- Heat the oil over medium heat and add the potatoes. Stir occasionally. Cook until golden brown.
- Add the chopped seasonings (onions thyme etc.) and let cook for 1 minute.
- Add the beaten eggs and lower the heat. Let cook until the eggs set. Cut into wedges and serve.
Click the link to download PDF of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved