Dumpling and Smoke Herring
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Seafood
Cuisine: Creole, Caribbean
Serves: Serves 3
- ½ lb smoked herring
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 7 leaves chadon beni, chopped
- pepper to taste (optional)
- 2 tbsp. oil (coconut oil)
- Boil the dumpling, drain, and set aside. (Note: When the dumpling floats to the surface it is ready. You can double check by cutting one with a knife or edge of a spoon.)
- Boil the smoked herring, clean and break into small pieces.
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oil over a medium flame and saute the onion, garlic and chadon beni. Add the tomatoes and allow to cook for about 1½ minutes.
- Then add the smoked herring and mix thoroughly with the rest of ingredients,and add pepper (optional). To make a little sauce you can add about ½ cup of water and allow to simmer for approx. 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with the dumplings.
For the dumpling recipe click here
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved