Curry Aloo (Potato)
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Cuisine: East Indian
Serves: 3 - 6
- 1 lb. Potato, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Hot pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oil in a heavy pot. Sauté onion and garlic. Mix curry with ¼ cup water and add to onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until thick.
- Add potatoes to the curry and stir until the curry coats the potato; add salt and pepper and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in water. Cover the pot and lower heat. Cook the potatoes until they are tender and liquid has thickened. Season to taste.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved