Curry Aloo (Potato)
Servings: 3 - 6
- 1 lb. Potato peeled and sliced
- 1 medium-sized onion sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Hot pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oil in a heavy pot. Sauté onion and garlic. Mix curry with ¼ cup water and add to onion and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until thick.
- Add potatoes to the curry and stir until the curry coats the potato; add salt and pepper and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in water. Cover the pot and lower heat. Cook the potatoes until they are tender and liquid has thickened. Season to taste.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved