- 1 red snapper or any fish of your choice , seasoned and marinated (app. 1 lb)
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 pimento peppers chopped
- 3 to matoes chopped
- 1/4 cup water for sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. oil
- Place the fish in a greased dish and bake for 10 minutes at 300 degrees F.
- While the fish is baking, prepare the sauce. Saute the onion and pimento in the oil over a medium flame. Then add the tomatoes and let cook for 30 seconds.
- In a measuring cup, mix the ketchup and water. Add the mixture to the pot and let simmer for about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- After the ten minutes take the fish out from the oven. Pour some of the sauce over the fish and cover the dish with foil. Continue baking for another ten minutes.
- Note: Covering the dish with foil steams the fish in its own juices, together with the sauce, and it also leaves the fish nice and moist.
- Make sure you use some heavy mittens while covering the dish with the foil to avoid getting burned!
- Serve with the remaining sauce.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved