You will enjoy preparing this Herbed Duchess Potatoes recipe. It involves the use of a piping bags or a bit of hand molding. You can bring out your artistic nature for this recipe.
Prep Time:30 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Course: Side Dish
Cuisine: Fusion, French
Servings: 1 9″ x 9″ dish
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
- 7 medium potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 – 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp parsley
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp garlic grated
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk room temperature
- 2 tsp chadon beni minced
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg grated
- 1 tsp thyme finely chopped
- salt to taste
- Boil, peel and mash potatoes.
- Add butter, seasonings, milk, whipping cream, eggs, salt and cheese. Mix well.
- Place in a greased dish (mine was 9″x9″) and bake at 350 degrees F 20 – 25 mins or until golden brown.
You have a choice of presentations to bake the herbed duchess potatoes.
1. You can pipe the potato onto a baking sheet using a large star tip.2. Place into mounds and just mark ridges using a fork. If you’re creative you can still create the swirl effect.3. Place the mashed potato in a greased baking dish, like a casserole.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved