Hoisin Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 lb chicken breast chopped
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp salt for marinade
- 7 oz rice noodles you can use whatever noodles you wish
- 1 sweet pepper
- 2 pimento peppers minced
- 1 med onion sliced
- 2 cups broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 400 g baby corn 1 tin, chopped
- 4 tbsp oil divided
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp ginger grated
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the noodles, drain and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breast into 1 inch pieces, wash with lime and place in a bowl.
- Add the hoisin sauce, rice cooking wine, salt to taste, ginger and sugar. Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Prepare the vegetables. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep pot or wok.
- Add the chicken and marinade and stir fry until cooked (about 5 minutes). Set aside.
- Heat oil and add the ginger. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the onion, pimento pepper, and carrot. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and sweet pepper stir for 1 minute.
- Then add the mushroom and corn. Stir for 1 minutes.
- Add the hoisin chicken and stir. Add the noodles then add the sesame oil and stir. Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved