Ginger Soy Steamed Fish
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Seafood
- 3 fish fillets ( I used swai fillets)
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp red chilies
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp rice cooking wine or rum or cherry brandy
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 banana leaf
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil, red chilies, ginger, water, rice cooking wine
- and sugar in a bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- Wash the fish with the lime. Drain, then add to the ginger soy mixture. Marinate for 20 mins.
- Singe the banana leaf over an open flame and wrap the fish fillets.
- Place the fish parcels in the steamer. Steam for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Carefully unwrap and enjoy.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved