Creamy Spinach Dip Trinistyle
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Spreads
Serves: serves 4
- ½ cup Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Cheddar and mozzarella blend (you can choose how much of each you want)
- 1 cup of salad spinach chopped (frozen works just as well)
- 1 pimento, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or butter
- A pinch of salt and black pepper
- In a dry non-stick pan, add the oil, garlic, onion and pimento. Then turn the stove on low heat.
- Allow to cook until translucent.
- Add the chopped spinach, salt and pepper.
- Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- The spinach will begin wilting until broken down and easy to cut with your spoon.
- (Note: I added a bit of water to help the leaves along)
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and combined with spinach mixture.
- Add cheddar and mozzarella blend and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl with your favorite chip, cracker, or bread.
- Additionally, use as a spread for sandwiches.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved