Mujadara is a perfect meal that’s healthy and also easy on your pocket.
Course: Rice Dishes
Cuisine: Syrian / Lebanese
- 1 cup lentil peas
- 4 cups water to cook
- 1 cup rice
- 2 med onions sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper to taste optional
- Boil rice. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and drain lentils.
- Place lentils and 4 cups water into a deep pot.
- Cover and cook for approximately 12-15 minutes until soft.
- Strain to remove the excess water.
- Place cooked rice in a bowl, add lentils and 2 tsp salt (pepper optional), stir mixture evenly.
- Brown onions in olive oil until dark brown. (not burnt)
- Note: The onions will give a sweet fragrance when they’re ready.
- Add lentils and rice mixture to the onions and stir gently to mix.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved