- 1 cup lentil peas
- 4 cups water to cook
- 1 cup rice
- 2 med onions sliced thinly
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp salt or to taste
- pepper to taste optional
- Boil rice. Drain and set aside.
- Wash and drain lentils.
- Place lentils and 4 cups water into a deep pot.
- Cover and cook for approximately 12-15 minutes until soft.
- Strain to remove the excess water.
- Place cooked rice in a bowl, add lentils and 2 tsp salt (pepper optional), stir mixture evenly.
- Brown onions in olive oil until dark brown. (not burnt)
- Note: The onions will give a sweet fragrance when they’re ready.
- Add lentils and rice mixture to the onions and stir gently to mix.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved