- 2 ripe mangoes or enough to make 1 cup pureed mango
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk. scalded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Peel mango and remove the seed.
- Process mangoes in a food processor or blender until smooth to get the pulp. Set aside 1cup.
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until frothy.
- Add lime rind to the egg. This will help remove most of the fresh “eggy” scent.
- Add sugar and salt beat until blended
- Gradually add milk, mango puree and vanilla extract, beating at low speed until blended.
- Pour custard mixture into 8 (6-ounce) or 6 (5-ounce) custard cups, ramekins, etc.
- Set the custard cups in a roasting pan. Add hot water to a depth of 1 inch. Cover with foil.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove ramekins/ custard cups from water carefully.
- Serve mango custard at room temperature or chilled with mango slices and a dollop of whipped cream topping.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved