Cow Skin Souse
- 1 lb cow skin cut into 1 – 2″ strips
- 1 1/2 cups vinegar
- 5 cups water to soak cow skin
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 20 leaves chadon beni
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1/2 med onion sliced
- 1 head garlic
- 7 cups water for souse
- 1 med cucumber sliced thinly
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 whole pepper sliced
- Cut up skin into 1″ – 2″ strips and soak in flour, 5 cups water and vinegar 30 minutes.
- Wash the skin until the water runs clear.
- Pressure cook for 55 minutes.
- Wash in tap water until it cools.
- Blend in food processor chadon beni and garlic.
- Add to the 7 cups water. Slice the cucumber. Add salt, black pepper and lime juice. Mix.
- Add the cow skin. Leave to soak for at least 3 hours.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved