If you love plantain, you may just love this Parmesan Pong Plantain.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 2 large half ripe plantain
- 3 tbsp. softened butter
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese.
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper.
- 1 tbsp salt.
- Peel plantain, cut into smaller pieces.
- Boil in water with 1 tbsp salt for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and mash in a mortar & pestle until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the butter, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Mix thoroughly then form into a large ball, slice and serve.
- …Or it could be formed into smaller individual balls.
This is a wonderful side dish for stewed meats, fish, callaloo and or peas.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved