Parmesan Pong Plantain
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
Serves: about 10 balls
- 2 large half ripe plantain
- 3 tbsp. softened butter
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese.
- ½ tsp. black pepper.
- 1 tbsp salt.
- Peel plantain, cut into smaller pieces.
- Boil in water with 1 tbsp salt for 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Drain and mash in a mortar & pestle until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the butter, Parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Mix thoroughly then form into a large ball, slice and serve.
- …Or it could be formed into smaller individual balls.
This is a wonderful side dish for stewed meats, fish, callaloo and or peas.!
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved