Carrot Yeast Bread
Servings: 1 loaf
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 envelop yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup lukewarm water
- ½ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- vegetable oil to grease bread pan
- 3/4 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Optional: 1/2 cup raisins
- Grate the carrots. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs.
- Melt the butter. Add the butter, vanilla and egg to the milk. Set aside.
- In a deep bowl, sift the flour. Add the yeast, sugar and salt. Mix well.
- Add the grated carrots to the flour and mix well.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients. Adjust the liquid (milk) as necessary.
- Mix well.
- Dust with a little flour, knead until smooth and elastic (this might take about 10 minutes).
- Leave to rest until it doubles in size. Punch down and then roll out.
- Place in a prepared pan, cover with a towel and allow to rise for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake until golden brown, or for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a rack before slicing.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved