Pineapple, Bacon and Rice
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Rice Dishes
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups fresh or frozen green beans or pigeon peas
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp each fine leaf thyme, parsley, chadon beni
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1½ cup bacon or meat of choice, chopped
- salt to taste
- Boil rice, drain and set aside.
- Boil the peas until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Chop the pineapple
- Chop the meat and set aside.
- Note: You can use any meat of choice like ham, bacon, turkey or even leftovers.
- Saute the onion and garlic.
- Then add the meat of choice and the peas. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the pineapple. Stir.
- Add the rice and seasonings (fine leaf thyme, parsley, chadon beni
- red pepper flakes) mix well. Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve hot with a side of fresh green salad if you like.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved