Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- To Season
- 1 lb tofu
- 4 leaves chadon beni, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped finely
- ½ small onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp duck and goat curry powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- To Cook
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp duck and goat curry powder
- 1 tsp (normal) curry powder
- 1 tsp geera powder
- 2 tsp green seasoning
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp Coconut milk powder + 3 tbsp water (coconut milk mixture)
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- This is the brand of tofu I used.
- Cut the tofu into cubes
- Season with the chadon beni, garlic, onion, pimento, pepper and duck and goat curry powder
- mix thoroughly and marinate for at least 1 hr.
- In a small container or cup mix the two curries, geera powder and green seasoning in 3 tbsp of water. Stir.
- Heat the oil and add the garlic. Cook until golden.
- Add the curry mixture.
- Stir until the curry gets thick.
- Add the tofu. Allow to cook for 3 minutes then add the coconut milk.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Note: Be gentle when stirring.
- Adjust salt to taste.
- Serve hot over rice.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved