When you are renovating or remodeling your kitchen you want to avoid many decorating mistakes. Everyone involved in these activities ought to know a number of things about interior design, namely the basic elements of design and its principles. Here we introduce them.
Five Basic Elements in Interior Designing
There are five basic elements that must work together to help you achieve a certain effect in your room and bring out your signature style. These elements come together to give the room a unified look or feel. The elements of interior design are: line, colour, form, mass, and texture.
- Line refers to the direction of an object.
- Colour helps the decorator create the design mood and the desired illusion in a room.
- Form refers to the actual shape of a room or furniture.
- Mass refers to bulk. All furniture in a room has bulk that occupies space.
- Texture is an experience in its touch and feel.
The purpose of these elements are to achieve the following: balance, emphasis, proportion, rhythm, and harmony/unity. These elements and principles help you solve any design problems in a room. They help you transfer your ideas and vision for a room to reality. It will also help you avoid purchasing unnecessary furniture for a room.