Wholewheat Coconut Bake
Servings: 1 bake
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar brown
- 2 tbsp. yeast or 1 sachet yeast quick
- 3/4 cup finely grated coconut
- ½ -3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. melted butter unsalted (or coconut oil or olive oil)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon and nutmeg optional
- Chop the coconut kernel and finely the grate the coconut with a cup of water in a blender. Strain the coconut to remove most of the water.
- Sift the flour. Add the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and dry quick yeast. Mix well. Add the coconut meat, 1/2 cup coconut milk and butter or oil. Add a little more water if necessary.
- Mix well, dusting a little more flour to help with the kneading. Knead to a soft dough. Roll in a ball and placed in a bowl that is dusted with some flour. Allow to rest until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down and shape into a ball. Place on a flat greased baking pan and roll out with a bailna (rolling pin) until the dough is about 1 inch thick. Leave to rest for another 15 minutes.
- Place in an oven and bake at 250°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved