Whole wheat bread could be quite simple to make. It does not have to be heavy and dry. This whole wheat bread is moist and with a terrific crumb.
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
Servings: 1 loaf
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 pack instant yeast
- 4 cups flour 2 1/2 c. all purpose flour and 1 1/2 c wholewheat flour
- milk about 1 1/2 c
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- flour for dusting while kneading
- Beat the egg and add milk to equal to 1 1/2 cups of liquid. Beat together.
- Sift the flour, sugar and salt; add the yeast.
- Fold into the liquids and water and knead into a smooth dough. Cover and place in a greased bowl.
- Allow to rise for one hour or until it is double in size.
- Turn dough out and place in a greased pan and allow to double in size again.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (or 180 degrees C) oven for 40 minutes or until golden and firm in the centre.
- Remove and allow to cool on a rack before serving.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved