Whole Baked Chicken
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
Cuisine: Caribbean, Fusion
Serves: 1 chicken
- 1 whole chicken, about 2 lbs
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp green seasoning
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 6 leaves big leaf thyme, chopped finely
- 8 leaves chadon beni, chopped finely
- 2 pimento pepper, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- Salt to taste
- Wash the chicken with the lime and trim excess fat. Rub the meat with the paprika, salt and green seasoning making sure to place some under the skin. Stuff the inside of chicken with the garlic.
- Then chopped seasoning: thyme, chive, and culantro. Add the chopped seasoning and dot the chicken, with pieces of softened butter.
- Place in a baking dish and cover the dish with foil. Bake for about 1 hour at 300 degrees F. Note: After 45 minutes, remove the foil and drain most of the liquid that may have settled around the chicken. You may brush some of this liquid on the chicken as well.
- Set aside the remainder of the liquid and continue baking the chicken for the next 15 minutes or until cooked. You can test by using a knife to pierce the flesh, to see if any liquid comes out. If dry then the chicken is ready.
- Note: If desired, this excess liquid can also be frozen and used as chicken stock for soups.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved