- Tortilla wraps
- 1 carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 small cabbage
- 1 sweet pepper
- 1 pimento pepper
- 1 leaf chadon beni
- 1 sprig parsley
- 1 sprig chive
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cut the vegetables length-wise. Chop the chive, chadon beni, celery, and parsley. Boil some water in a deep pot to steam the vegetables. The amount of water used should just about cover the vegetables.
- Add the vegetables to the boiling water, cover and allow to cook for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook the vegetables. Strain the vegetables and set aside.
- In a frying pan, add the oil. Add the onion, garlic, chadon beni, and chive. Cook for one minute. Add the vegetables and saute.
- Add salt to taste and the rest of the seasonings. (If you like olives you may also add it now). Toss again and remove from heat immediately. (The vegetables is sauteed for about 2 minutes before removing from the heat).
- Spread a tortilla wrap on a plate and put some cheese on it. Top with the vegetables. Finally top with your favorite sauce, such as garlic sauce. Roll, fold, and enjoy. You can also heat them in the oven or microwave to melt the cheese.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved