Vegetable Macaroni Pie
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Pasta
- 250 g. macaroni (you use shell or elbow macaroni as well)
- Water to boil the macaroni
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 small floret (2 cups) broccoli, chopped
- ⅔ cup of whole corn
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- ½ cup onion, grated
- 1 medium carrot, small dice (1 cup)
- 2 red pimento peppers
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 leaves chadon beni, minced
- 1 tsp. green seasoning
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 tsp. parsley
- Place water in a deep pot and put to boil. Add the macaroni and cook.
- Drain and add the butter to the hot macaroni. Add the broccoli, corn, onion, and peppers.
- Mix well.
- Add the mustard, tomato paste, black pepper and green seasoning.
- Add 1½ cups grated cheese and parsley and chadon beni.
- Beat the egg. Blend with the milk.
- Add the milk and egg and mix the ingredients well.
- Pour in a well greased 12″ x 7.5″ baking dish.
- Top with the balance of grated cheese and garnish with your favourite seasoning.
- Bake at 250 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved