Vegetable Chow Mein
- 1 tin 425 g baby corn
- 1 tin 400 g button mushroom
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 1/2 small cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet pepper
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 184 g lou mein egg noodles enriched egg noodles
- 2 tsp. salt optional
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. corn starch for solution
- 1/2 tbsp. sesame oil
- Oil for frying about 2 tbsp
- 1 sprig chive chopped (optional)
- Boil and drain noodles. Cut up the vegetables. Mix the cornstarch solution (1/2 tsp. cornstarch : 1 tbsp. water) and set aside.
- Heat wok and bring oil to a boil over a medium to high flame. Add the onion and stir fry for 30 seconds. Stir fry the carrots and sweet pepper for 1 minute. Then add the corn, mushrooms and cabbage.
- Stir fry for 1 minute until the vegetables are cooked. Add seasonings (except corn starch and sesame oil) then thicken with corn starch solution.
- Add sesame oil, noodles and chive stirring evenly. Turn off heat. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved