Servings: 4 cups
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 sprig celery
- 2 tbsp. parsley
- 2 sprigs fine leaf thyme
- 1 can 80 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 pimento
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 small sweet pepper
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup chopped poultry giblets
- 2 cups diced cornbread or cornbread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Toast the cornbread. Marinate the poultry giblets in seasoning. Dice the sweet peppers and onions. Finely chop the herbs. Chop the mushrooms.
- Heat the butter in a sauce pan over low heat. Add the sweet pepper and onion, and cook for two minutes. Add the seasoned poultry giblets. Then add the herbs and the mushrooms.
- Saute for about 6 minutes. Mix in the cornbread for about a minute and then remove from the heat. If you want more moisture in your stuffing, add the chicken broth at this point.
- Use as needed for stuffing a turkey. If you prefer not to stuff your turkey, but use the stuffing as a side dish,
- You may bake the stuffing for about 15 minutes in the oven at 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved