Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Seafood
Cuisine: Caribbean, Fusion
- 1 can (425 g) tuna (in water)
- 1 lb (454 g) gluten free penne (you can use macaroni if you like)
- 2 cups Cheddar cheese
- 1½ cup evaporated milk
- 240g (14 oz) peas and carrots
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp sea salt, optional
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp. fine leaf thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. white pepper powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 small pimento pepper, finely chopped
- 1 big leaf thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped sprigs chive
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chadon beni
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- Panko bread crumbs (optional) for topping
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Boil the Penne. Be sure to boil the pasta properly and drain.
- Add the tuna, and the rest of the ingredients, egg, chadon beni, paprika etc. Toss the ingredients lightly and add the grated cheddar cheese.
- Mix well before placing in the oven. Pour in a casserole dish and top with grated Parmesan cheese and Panko bread crumbs.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden in a 350 degrees F oven. Remove and serve cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved