Trinistyle Paprika Chicken
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
- 2 packs chicken legs or chicken wings (about 10 wings)
- 3 pimento peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 bundle chive
- 6 leaves chadon beni
- 1 tsp. complete seasoning
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 piece ginger approx 2 inches
- 8 pimento (4 red and 4 green)
- 1 head garlic, cleaned
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 3 cups ketchup
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- Prepare the ingredients. Separate the ingredients accordingly.
- Place the ingredients for the seasoning (except the complete seasoning and salt) in one bowl,
- and the ingredients for the sauce (the ginger, pimento, cloves, garlic and celery) in another bowl.
- Blend the two batches of ingredients in a chopper. Blend it dry and keep them separated.
- Season the chicken with the chopped seasoning, salt and complete seasoning.
- Leave to marinate for about 30 minutes.
- With the second bowl of ingredients mix it with the paprika.
- Mix in the ketchup and the sugar.
- Next, roll the marinated chicken in flour and cornmeal flour mixture. Coat the chicken well.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Coat each wing (or chicken leg) with the sauce.
- Place each in a baking dish. Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- When finished baking, dip chicken into sauce again. Let stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved