Trini Wholewheat Pizza
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Breads
Cuisine: International, Caribbean
Serves: 2 thin crust pizzas (16 slices)
- PIZZA DOUGH
- 1 pk (2 tbsp.) dry yeast
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup of wholewheat flour
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. oil (olive or coconut)
- PIZZA SAUCE:
- ¼ cup tomato paste (no salt added variety)
- ½ cup tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp. of each thyme leaves
- 1 grated garlic
- 1 tsp. grated onion
- 1-3 tsp. of each: basil leaves, parsley leaves, celery leaves
- SUGGESTED TOPPINGS FOR THIS VEGE PIZZA:
- 1 cup yellow sweet corn whole kernel
- 1 cup chopped sweet pepper (red and green)
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 78 g mushrooms
- 8 stuffed olives
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour the mixed liquids. Mix and gradually knead into a smooth ball. Rest the dough for about 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough out. Spread your favorite tomato paste or pizza sauce onto the pizza sprinkle the basic ingredients mentioned above or ingredients of your choice over the pizza.
- In the step by step recipe: We sprinkled corn, chopped sweet pepper, grated carrots, chopped tomatoes and avocado.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the ingredients. Bake for 25-35 minutes in a preheated oven 230 degrees or until golden brown. Remove from the pan, slice and serve.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved