Trini Parsad (Cream of Wheat)
- 794 g 1 box of cream of wheat
- 2 tins 410ml, about 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 2 tins condense milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups ghee clarified butter or butter
- 2 tsp. elychee cardamon
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 4 oz raisins
- 2 oz. almonds optional
- 20 cherries optional
- In a deep sauce pan, add the milks, sugar and elychee. Blend the ingredients well. Cook the liquid over a slow flame for about 15 minutes, until the sugar is melted.
- In another deep and heavy saucepan melt the butter on a low flame. Add the cream of wheat and cook until it feels light. Add the milk mixture to the cream of wheat gradually.
- Mix in well, until all the liquid is absorbed and the the cream of wheat gets thick and creamy. (This may take about 15 minutes).
- Add the raisins when the cream of wheat is thick and creamy. When the right consistency is achieved, turn off the fire. Remove the parsad from pot and place into another bowl to cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved