Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Pasta
Cuisine: Caribbean, Fusion
Serves: Serves 9
- 1 pack of lasagna pasta
- 1 lb minced beef (seasoned)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1½ lb. cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. flour, all purpose
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tbsp. roucou or tomato paste ( if you're using tomato paste you could use a little more)
- Boil the lasagne and set aside.
- Heat pot over a medium flame. And add the seasoned minced beef. Make sure meat is well done. Add roucou or tomato paste.
- Make the White Sauce: (approx 15 mins) Over a low flame, melt the butter, stir in the flour, and add the milk and black pepper. Mix, preferably with a fork to ensure that the flour don't lump together. Continue to boil until the milk gets thick. Remove immediately from the flame.
- Put a layer of meat; then cheese then add the lasagna. Add a layer of white sauce and continue in the same manner. On the top layer add some more grated cheese.
- On the top layer add some more grated cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 250 degrees F. Allow to cool before serving
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved