Trini Herbed Potatoes
- 1 lb potatoes
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 sprig of chive
- 2 tsp. parsley
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 5 chadon beni leaves
- 2 leaves big leaf thyme
- 1 pimiento pepper finely chopped
- Pepper optional
- Salt to taste
- Clean, boil the potatoes until tender, and peel the potatoes. Chop to your choice of size and set aside. Chop the onion and herbs. Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium flame.
- Add the onion and chopped herbs and cook for about 2 minutes or until the onion is soft. Sprinkle some oregano and parsley over the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and allow to cook until slightly brown. Remove from heat and set aside to cool before serving.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved