Trini Fry Rice
Recipe type: Rice Dishes
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil, sunflower
- ¼ cup. soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 blades chive, chopped
- 1 sprig celery, chopped
- 2 pimento peppers (red and yellow), chopped
- In a deep pot or wok, sauté the garlic and onion in the oil. Stir fry over high heat for about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and add the carrots and stir fry it for 1 minute. Add the rice and mix well over a medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Add the celery, chive, pimento and sweet pepper and mix well. Add salt to taste and continue mixing until an even colour is achieved. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved