Trini Fry Rice
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 sweet pepper chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. oil sunflower
- ¼ cup. soy sauce
- ¼ cup sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 blades chive chopped
- 1 sprig celery chopped
- 2 pimento peppers red and yellow, chopped
- In a deep pot or wok, sauté the garlic and onion in the oil. Stir fry over high heat for about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat and add the carrots and stir fry it for 1 minute. Add the rice and mix well over a medium heat for about 2 minutes. Add the sesame oil and soy sauce.
- Add the celery, chive, pimento and sweet pepper and mix well. Add salt to taste and continue mixing until an even colour is achieved. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved