Trini Fry Rice II
- 2 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup carrots chopped
- 1/2 cup string beans chopped
- 1/2 cup oil divided
- 1/2 onion chopped (divided)
- 6 leaves chadon beni finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- 1 chive chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp soy sauce more if desired
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Boil the beans and carrots until tender. Drain and set aside. Using half of the oil (1/4 cup) fry the egg with some of the chopped onions. Break up the egg as shown and add salt to taste. Or you could just scramble the eggs if you like.
- Wipe the wok or frying pan and add the remaining oil. Add the chive, chadon beni, ginger, garlic and the rest of chopped onions.
- Saute for about a minute. Then add the rice, egg and vegetables. Add the soy sauce and toss over high heat for a few minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved