Trini Christmas Ham II
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Meats
Cuisine: Creole, Caribbean
- 1 ham, cured
- 1 pack whole cloves
- 1 large banana leaf
- Wash the ham and pat dry with paper towels.
- Singe a banana leaf and cut it to fit a large baking dish. Place the ham in the dish skin side down and add the whole cloves.
- Wrap with the remaining banana leaves and bake at 350° F for 2½ - 3 hours, depending on the size of the ham, or until thoroughly cooked.
- Note: The general rule for baking ham is 25 minutes per Kilogram.
- While baking, test the meat by sticking a knife into it. If after sticking the meat, liquid comes out of it, then more baking is required.
- After 2 hours of baking, remove the banana leaves and continue baking to dry up the surface of the ham.
- Place on a rack to cool.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved