Trini Chicken Roulade
- 4 boneless chicken breasts seasoned
- 3 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 1 small egg
- 1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp.oregano
- 2 tsp. grated garlic
- 20-25 spinach leaves amaranth
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp. low fat milk 2%
- Pound the chicken breast flat and then season. (Note: the chicken is seasoned with the Trini green seasoning).
- Layer each chicken breast with a 1/4 cup of cheese and the spinach leaves (about 6 or 7 leaves each). Fold and tightly roll. Secure the ends with toothpicks. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Blend together the paprika, parsley, garlic, thyme, and oregano with the bread crumbs.
- Combine the milk and the egg.
- Dust the the chicken with flour, dip into the milk and dredge in the bread crumbs.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at about 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the chicken roulades on a greased baking tray and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Remove the toothpicks and cut into 1" thick rolls.
- Place cutlets on a serving plate and serve. Note: The cutlets may be served with any of your favorite sauce to add extra flavour.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved