Trini Beef Roulade
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
Cuisine: International, Fusion
Serves: 5 (15 rolls)
- 1 lb beef, seasoned and marinated
- 3 oz parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp. low fat milk
- 1 small egg
- 1¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. each paprika, parsley, thyme, oregano
- 2 tsp. grated garlic
- 20-25 spinach leaves (Poi)
- ½ cup flour
- Slice the beef thinly then season and marinate at least 3 hours. Grate the cheese and set aside
- Place the beef on plastic wrap, fold and cover with the plastic wrap and pound the beef flat .
- Add the cheese then the poi leaves. Fold and tightly roll. Wrap tightly with the plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. Note: Because the beef is more manageable we can skip adding the tooth picks.
- Add the paprika, parsley, thyme, oregano to the flour. Mix. Roll the beef in the flour dip in the egg and milk mixture then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at about 180 degrees Celsius ( 356 degrees F ). Place the beef roulades on a greased baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Cut into 1" thick rolls. Place cutlets on a serving plate and serve. Note: The cutlets may be served with any of your favorite sauces to add extra flavour.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved