Since the last post, we had such a blast doing the Trini beef Roulade we decided to try out a roulade using beef this time.
Prep Time: 4hours hrs
Cook Time: 30minutes mins
Total Time: 4hours hrs 30minutes mins
Cuisine: Fusion, International
Servings: 5 (15 rolls)
- 1 lb beef seasoned and marinated
- 3 oz parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp. low fat milk
- 1 small egg
- 1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. each paprika parsley, thyme, oregano
- 2 tsp. grated garlic
- 20-25 spinach leaves Poi
- 1/2 cup flour
- Slice the beef thinly then season and marinate at least 3 hours. Grate the cheese and set aside
- Place the beef on plastic wrap, fold and cover with the plastic wrap and pound the beef flat .
- Add the cheese then the poi leaves. Fold and tightly roll. Wrap tightly with the plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. Note: Because the beef is more manageable we can skip adding the tooth picks.
- Add the paprika, parsley, thyme, oregano to the flour. Mix. Roll the beef in the flour dip in the egg and milk mixture then roll in the breadcrumbs.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at about 180 degrees Celsius ( 356 degrees F ). Place the beef roulades on a greased baking tray and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Cut into 1″ thick rolls. Place cutlets on a serving plate and serve. Note: The cutlets may be served with any of your favorite sauces to add extra flavour.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved