Traditional Coconut Drops
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 1 cup all purpose flour packed
- 1/2 cup granulated or brown sugar
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp coconut essence
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 small egg
- Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the coconut.
- Cut in the butter and mix into the flour. Add the essence to the egg and beat lightly.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the liquid. Mix into a stiff dough.
- Drop about 2-tablespoon full of dough on a well greased sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden in the oven at a lower temperature, 200 degrees F.
- Remove and leave to cool before serving. Bake for approximately 15 minutes
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved