if you enjoy the taste and texture of the sweet coconut meat, you will definitely prefer this traditional coconut drops recipe. The best way I could describe these is “coconutty”. They are also a lot better to eat when you consider fiber content.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time:15 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Keywords: coconut drops, coconut buns
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 1 cup all purpose flour packed
- 1/2 cup granulated or brown sugar
- 1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp coconut essence
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 small egg
- Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees F.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the coconut.
- Cut in the butter and mix into the flour. Add the essence to the egg and beat lightly.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour and add the liquid. Mix into a stiff dough.
- Drop about 2-tablespoon full of dough on a well greased sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden in the oven at a lower temperature, 200 degrees F.
- Remove and leave to cool before serving. Bake for approximately 15 minutes
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved