Topi Tambo Souse
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 lb topi tambo
- 2 tsp salt (to boil)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 cucumber, peeled
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- ½ cup chopped chadon beni
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp salt “to season”
- 2 tsp pepper sauce
- Wash and place the topi tambo in boiling salted water.
- Boil for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Peel the topi tambo and set aside.
- Thinly slice the cucumbers, onions, garlic and add the chadon beni. Place in a deep bowl,
- Add the peeled topi tambo to the chopped ingredients.
- Add the pepper sauce.
- Add the lime juice, salt and a little water. Soak for at least 3 hours then serve.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved