Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Rice Dishes
Cuisine: Caribbean, Fusion
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups skinned, seeded and diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 small green sweet pepper
- 1 pimento pepper, chopped
- 1 sprig parsley
- 2 tsp. small thyme
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups chicken stock or water
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 tbsp. green seasoning
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the garlic, onion, pepper, celery, thyme, and parsley. Make slits in the tomato and soak in hot water. Then place under running, remove the skins and dice.
- Heat oil then add butter to melt. Saute the onion, garlic and celery. Add the tomatoes.
- Add the the coconut milk. Add the sweet pepper and parsley. Then add the rice and water.
- Cover and simmer until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the tomato paste and blend well. Adjust salt and seasonings to taste. Note: You can add the optional crispy bacon at this point. Mix well
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved