This tofu vegetable stir fry is a welcome meal on a day or even a diet without meat.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice cooking wine or rum vat 19
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 lb firm tofu cubed
- 1 cup broccoli chopped
- 1 medium sweet pepper sliced
- 1 small tin mushrooms 184g, drained
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water cornstarch mixture
- 1 med onion sliced thinly
- 2 pimento peppers sliced thinly
- 1 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp. oil + oil for frying
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- a few drops sesame oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the noodles and set aside.
- Cut the tofu into cubes. Cover and soak for 20 minutes in the soy sauce, rice cooking wine, salt and sugar marinade.
- Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and saute the ginger and onion.
- Add the broccoli, sweet pepper and pimento peppers then the mushrooms. Stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu then the noodles. Stir carefully.
- Add cornstarch mixture, soy sauce and a few drops of sesame oil.
- Toss carefully . Adjust salt to taste. Serve hot.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved