- 1 cup flour combine 1/4 cup wheat flour and 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp low-fat milk
- 1 1/4 cup minced raisins
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup almond powder
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt optional
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp almond essence
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Combine flour, oats, cornmeal, dry milk, sugar, almond powder, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in the raisins. Cut in the butter until mixture consists of small particles.
- Beat egg and milk together and pour into flour mixture. Stir well and pour into a greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 45 mins or until done. Remove from pan after 10 minutes.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved