Tandoori Cauliflower is a good substitute for meat and makes a great side dish for any meal.
Cuisine: East Indian
- 1 lb cauliflower separated into florets
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp tandoori massala
- 2 tsp pepper sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- To Fry
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- Separate the cauliflower into even sized florets.
- Note: This is the tandoori massala I used.
- Mix the rest of ingredients in a bowl. Mix it well.
- Add the florets into the sauce and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Add the flour and cornstarch in a separate bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Dust the cauliflower in the cornstarch and flour mixture. Set aside for ten minutes.
- Fry until golden.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved