Tambran (Tamarind) Ball
- 1 1/2 lb. brown sugar approximately
- 1 lb tamarind pulp cleaned
- 3 tbsp flour optional
- Pepper to taste about 2 tsp.
- Salt to taste about 1/4 tsp.
- Place about 1 lb of the cleaned tamarind pulp in a large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and about three tablespoons of sugar. Knead in the ingredients while separating the seeds. Sprinkle a little water over the tamarind ( very little ) to moisten it a bit.
- According to how sour the tamarind is, more sugar may have to be used. Let taste be your guide.
- (This step is optional). Add the flour (This helps the mixture to bind better). Knead the flour into the tamarind. If necessary add salt to adjust taste.
- Roll into balls - about 2 inches in diameter. In a separate plate or bowl pour some sugar and roll the tamarind ball in it. Store in the refrigerator or in a cool area.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved