Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Drink
- 20 tamarind (fruit)
- 1¼ cups sugar (You may need less if your tamarind is a more sweeter. Our local variety is more sour than sweet)
- 6 cups water (to soak)
- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tsp Angostura bitters
- Shell tamarinds. Pour room temperature water over them (6 cups) in a mug and set aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Stir to remove the pulp from the seeds. Remove the seeds.
- Add extra water (3 cups) sugar, stir well until all the sugar has dissolved. Add essence and angostura bitters.
- Serve chilled or with ice.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved