Sweet Potato Salad
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and quartered
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh chadon beni
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt optional
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber quartered lengthwise and chopped
- 1/2 red onion or onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts optional
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into quarters. Place in a pot of salted water to boil for about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are tender, add corn kernels; cook another 30 seconds. Drain through a colander.
- Cut the the cucumber lengthwise into quarters then slice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the mustard, fresh lime juice, chadon beni, garlic, salt and black pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Cut cooled potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Add the dressing, corn, cucumber, and onion to the sweet potato. Toss well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved