Sweet Potato Salad
Recipe type: Vegetarian
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup corn
- 1 tsp. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh chadon beni
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthwise and chopped
- ½ red onion or onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped peanuts, optional
- Peel and cut the sweet potato into quarters. Place in a pot of salted water to boil for about 20 minutes. Once the potatoes are tender, add corn kernels; cook another 30 seconds. Drain through a colander.
- Cut the the cucumber lengthwise into quarters then slice. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the mustard, fresh lime juice, chadon beni, garlic, salt and black pepper. Slowly whisk in the oil.
- Cut cooled potatoes into 1 inch cubes. Add the dressing, corn, cucumber, and onion to the sweet potato. Toss well.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled. Sprinkle with peanuts just before serving.
Calories: 134 kcal Fat: 6.9 g Carbohydrates: 16.6 g Protein: 2.7 g
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved