A bowl of sweet potato chips is perfect while you sit and relax watching a movie at home. It is crunchy, crispy and sweet.
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- salt to taste optional
- oil for frying
- Wash and peel the sweet potato. Wash again and dry with paper towels.
- Note: When I peeled the sweet potato it exuded a bit of “milk” at the head so I had to wash it again.
- Slice on the thinnest setting on a mandolin (1/32″)
- Wash the chips with water and dry. Then place in a pot with enough oil to cover the chips.
- On a very low fire fry the sweet potato chips for about 30 mins or until golden.
- The chips are done when they float to the surface.
- Drain on paper towels and add optional salt to taste.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved