Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 lb sweet potatoes
- salt to taste optional
- oil for frying
- Wash and peel the sweet potato. Wash again and dry with paper towels.
- Note: When I peeled the sweet potato it exuded a bit of “milk” at the head so I had to wash it again.
- Slice on the thinnest setting on a mandolin (1/32″)
- Wash the chips with water and dry. Then place in a pot with enough oil to cover the chips.
- On a very low fire fry the sweet potato chips for about 30 mins or until golden.
- The chips are done when they float to the surface.
- Drain on paper towels and add optional salt to taste.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved