I’m going to show you how to make another of our famous dishes offered at Chinese restaurants in Trinidad and Tobago, sweet and sour pork.
Prep Time: 10minutes mins
Cook Time: 15minutes mins
Total Time: 25minutes mins
- 2 lbs pork boned and diced
- 2-3 tsp salt divided
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice cooking wine
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water cornstarch mixture
- 1 4 oz. tin pineapple chunks
- 2 sprigs chive chopped
- for garnish Cornstarch for dredging (about 5 tbsp) oil for deep frying
- Wash diced pork with lime and water. Season with soy sauce, cooking wine and 2 tsp salt. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Dredge in cornstarch and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil…… When ready, deep fry pork for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels
—SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE––
- Place pot over medium flame and add peanut oil. When hot add vinegar, water, sugar and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add pineapple, and cornstarch mixed in 3 tbsp of water. Allow to reduce until thick, stirring occasionally… Then add the pork and mix well. Remove from heat. Garnish with chopped chive. Serve hot.
Click the link to download the PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved