Sweet and Sour Pork
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Appetizers
- 2 lbs pork, boned and diced
- 2-3 tsp salt, divided
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice cooking wine
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch + 3 tbsp water (cornstarch mixture)
- 1 4 oz. tin pineapple chunks
- 2 sprigs chive, chopped
- (for garnish) Cornstarch for dredging (about 5 tbsp) oil for deep frying
- Wash diced pork with lime and water. Season with soy sauce, cooking wine and 2 tsp salt. Marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- Dredge in cornstarch and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil...... When ready, deep fry pork for about 3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels
- ---SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE---
- Place pot over medium flame and add peanut oil. When hot add vinegar, water, sugar and 1 tsp salt. Bring to a boil.
- Add pineapple, and cornstarch mixed in 3 tbsp of water. Allow to reduce until thick, stirring occasionally... Then add the pork and mix well. Remove from heat. Garnish with chopped chive. Serve hot.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved