Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet
Today I am sharing my simple recipe for sweet and sour fish fillets, a popular Chinese restaurant favorite here in Trinidad and Tobago. Possibly, any restaurant you visit here will have it on their menu.
Recipe type: Seafood
- 2 fish fillets
- 1 tbsp. ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 sprig of chive, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. salt (optional)
- 5 tbsp. sweet and sour sauce
- 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1 dash of pepper flakes
- 3 cups oil for deep frying
- Slice the fillets neatly. Chop the ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper finely and season the meat.
- Mix the all purpose flour and cornstarch. Dip the fish into egg to coat. then roll into the flour.
- Bring oil to boil and deep fry fish until golden brown. Remove and drain.
- Heat a clean wok and add the sweet and sour sauce. Add the ketchup. Stir.
- Place fish onto serving platter. Pour sauce over fish. Serve.
Calories: 227.39 kcal Fat: 10 g Carbohydrates: 21.7 g Protein: 12.7 g Cholesterol: 28.9 mg
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved