Puff Pastry Valentine Cookies is a perfect gift idea for your special ones.
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
Keywords: cookies, pastry, puff pastry cookies
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 3 tablespoons caramel topping
- 3 tablespoons blanched sliced almonds or coconut
- Caramel Topping
- 1.6 ounces water
- 4 ounces Granulated white sugar
- 2.64 ounces heavy cream
- Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Caramel Topping. Pour water in a deep heavy-bottomed stainless-steel saucepan. Add the sugar and whish lightly with a fork. Heat mixture over medium heat. Do not stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves completely. As the sugar melts it will begin to caramelize. It will have a honey colour. Swirl the pan to redistribute the liquid. Remove from the heat and quickly and carefully add the heavy cream. Remove and place in a heat-resistant container.
- Cookie. Unfold pastry sheet on lightly floured surface. Roll into 14×10-inch rectangle. Cut out 12 hearts, using a 3 ½= inch heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place on baking sheet. Brush with caramel topping and sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.