Sugarless Fruit Cake
Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Desserts
Serves: 8 (1 cake)
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1 cup prunes, chopped
- 1 cup. raisins
- 1 cup Cherry Brandy or rum
- 1 cup. enriched flour
- 1 stick (4 ounces or ½ cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla. Set aside.
- Boil dates and prunes in the one cup of Cherry Brandy or rum for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter and raisins and let cool.
- Sift the flour. Mix the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Add to the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Add the fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into a well greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved