- 1 cup dates chopped
- 1 cup prunes chopped
- 1 cup. raisins
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup. enriched flour
- 1 cup almond nuts chopped
- 1 stick 4 ounces or 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla. Set aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Boil dates and prunes in the one cup of water for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter. and raisins and let cool.
- Sift the flour. Mix the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Add to the beaten eggs. Mix well. Add the fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the chopped almond nuts.
- Pour into a well greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved