This is an an extremely moist sugarless cake, with the uncanny resemblance to our popular black Christmas cake. The main difference is that there is no alcohol in this cake. As a matter of fact, this cake is a perfect substitute for the black Christmas Cake.
Prep Time:5 mins
Cook Time:25 mins
Total Time:30 mins
Cuisine: Fusion, International
Keywords: cake, fruit cake, sugarless cake
- 1 cup dates chopped
- 1 cup prunes chopped
- 1 cup. raisins
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup. enriched flour
- 1 cup almond nuts chopped
- 1 stick 4 ounces or 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla. Set aside.
- Melt the butter.
- Boil dates and prunes in the one cup of water for 3 minutes.
- Add the butter. and raisins and let cool.
- Sift the flour. Mix the flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. Add to the beaten eggs. Mix well. Add the fruit mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in the chopped almond nuts.
- Pour into a well greased baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
Click the link to download PDF version of this recipe.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved