Author: Felix (Simply Trini Cooking)
Recipe type: Snacks, Dessert
Cuisine: Creole, Caribbean
Serves: 32 bags (approx ½ cup each)
- 8 cups water (for the custard)
- 5 cups water (for coconut)
- 2 tins (395 g) condensed milk
- 1 tin (410 g) evaporated milk
- 2-3 tbsp mixed essence
- 2 medium sized coconuts
- ¾ cups (100g) custard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ - 2 cups brown sugar
- Boil the custard in water and leave to cool.
- Chop and blend the coconut in water until fine. Strain the coconut and retain the liquid for the recipe.
- Stir together coconut milk, condense milk, and evaporated milk. Stir, well, the custard into the milk. Stir in the mixed essence, salt and brown sugar to taste.
- Strain the custard and milk mixture. Pour into ½ lb clear bags and tie securely. Store in the refrigerator until frozen.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved