Servings: 32 bags (approx 1/2 cup each)
- 8 cups water for the custard
- 5 cups water for coconut
- 2 tins 395 g condensed milk
- 1 tin 410 g evaporated milk
- 2-3 tbsp mixed essence
- 2 medium sized coconuts
- ¾ cups 100g custard powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1½ - 2 cups brown sugar
- Boil the custard in water and leave to cool.
- Chop and blend the coconut in water until fine. Strain the coconut and retain the liquid for the recipe.
- Stir together coconut milk, condense milk, and evaporated milk. Stir, well, the custard into the milk. Stir in the mixed essence, salt and brown sugar to taste.
- Strain the custard and milk mixture. Pour into 1/2 lb clear bags and tie securely. Store in the refrigerator until frozen.
Click here for step by step recipe with pictures.
Recipe © Simply Trini Cooking. All rights reserved